Chocolate truffles are my favorite treats to make during the fall season. These truffles have a luxurious dark chocolate flavor, melt in your mouth creaminess, and just a hint of spice from turmeric and ginger, all while providing an extra health boost with mushrooms. This is the perfect treat for special occasions, or when you just want something sweet!
2 (3.5 ounce) Organic Dark Chocolate with sea salt (72%)
6 squares from (3.5-ounce) bar extreme dark chocolate (85%)
1 (5.4-ounce) can organic coconut cream
3 teaspoons ground turmeric
1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
2 (0.1 – ounce) packets mushroom elixir of your choice (reishi, chaga, lion’s mane, or cordyceps)
2 tablespoons confectioners erythritol sweetner
1 tablespoon organic cocoa powder
Total time: 1 hour | Makes 20-25 truffles
1. Break the chocolate into squares, place on a cutting board, and roughly chop into pieces
2. In a mixing bowl combine coconut cream, salt, mushroom elixir, sweeter, cocoa powder and turmeric
3. Roll mixture into small ball and place on a small parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Make sure you store in an airtight container inside the refrigerator.
- Make sure you wash your hand when handling Turmeric, because it can stain your hands
- The truffles need to soften, so make sure you remove them from the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes