Who doesn’t love a good parmesan crust? I’ve coated thick slices of cauliflower in parmesan and airy panko for delectable crunch on top of roasted goodness. Paired with creamy beans and saucy tomatoes, you won’t have much for leftovers once everyone takes a bite. Even better? This easy recipe comes together quickly, with minimal effort.
- 1 large organic cauliflower, leaves removed but core intact, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon organic parsley
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon organic dijon mustard
- 1 (14.5 ounce) great northern beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) organic fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Place cauliflower sliced and any extra pieces on a large parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle both sides of each slice with oil (you will use about 3-4 tablespoons total) and season with 1 teaspoons of salt and 3/4 teaspoons of pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway through, until the slices begin to brown on the edges and soften.
- While cauliflower roasts, whisk together the garlic, parsley, remaining oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl along with the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan. Mix well and set aside.
- Add the beans to the first bowl and toss to coat. Whisk together the mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl until well combined.
- Once cauliflower is cooked, removed from oven. Carefully spread the mayo mix over the cauliflower. Top with the breadcrumb mixture gently press into the mayo. Return sheet pan to oven and roast until the topping is golden brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Combine the white beans and tomatoes in a large skillet over medium- high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until mixture is bubbling. Serve with the crispy cauliflower.
*Some links are affiliate,so if you purchase through my links I make a small percentage of commission. *